WHEN GIRLS TRIUMPH
My life, as portrayed by Shoshanna
- Ray: You need any help?
- Shoshanna: I'm fine, thank you. It's pretty shiny so I'll probably find it soon.
- Ray: Pretty bitchin' cheese plate you brought over. The, uh, computer tells me you unfriended me on facebook.
- Shoshanna: Yeah, well I didn't feel like seeing you in my feed anymore.
- Ray: That's not very nice.
- Shoshanna: Yeah, well, you weren't very nice. You hurt me, okay? You hurt my feelings but I can deal with it because I have my big girl pants on.
- Ray: You realise you're actually wearing-
- Shoshanna: I don't think that's funny; that's not funny to me.
- Ray: Look, I don't want you to be upset with me.
- Shoshanna: Are you kidding me? You don't want to date me, that's fine. Because I don't want to date you either because I only want to date people who want to date me because that is called self respect. But I do not have to like you, okay? You were never my friend, you were only my lover and that is now over.
- Ray: You know, when I'm not around you - when you just send me a text full of emojis - it is so easy to dismiss you.
- Shoshanna: What is wrong with emojis?
- Ray: A panda next to a gun next to a wrapped gift..? It makes no sense.
- Shoshanna: You make no sense! You rejected me and you are now insulting me and you do not get to have me like you now. So, you should-
- Ray: Hold on, let me finish, okay? What I wanted to say is when I'm around you I remember, okay? I remember. I remember your charm, your innocence, your strength, this beautiful, fresh, vibrant sincerity.
- Shoshanna: You know, I-um, I'm really tired of being insulted, even when it comes before a compliment, so I am now leaving.
Old Zapotec man from Blossoms of Fire (Documentary ).